Monday, February 19, 2007

Friday I went to class for our critique on "self portraits". I showed up and all 75 of my department were hanging up drawings from the life-drawing part of class. I had thrown my all away last week, not knowing that we needed to keep that shit. So I got all nervous and then remembered that caring too much never got me too far before so why start now. I waited around forever and my project was a hit so I felt good for the rest of the day. I went to the airport and traded my ticket home to USA to a later date so I could go with Jennifer to TURKEY!! It was easy as 1,2,3 to switch and then i went over to Turkish airlines and bought my ticket at the counter. I felt like I was messing up big time and paying way too much but it was cheaper than online. Who the @Q#$@ buys their ticket at the airport. I do. We are going to a wedding in Istanbul and swimming a lot in the Black Sea. Other than that, we dont know and we dont care. We care, and are gonna plan the whole thing!!!

After I fixed my ticket I came back here and took a nap then met up with Miki to go to hear some band play off Camden. We mmet up with her friends who were nice. The band was playing there that night, but on a speaker system, you know, off a cd player. not so live, but that's okay.

OH!! when we got back to my place one of my favorite shows was on. It is this one where you call in and guess puzzles for $$$. I have never called in. Friday night there was this super weird puzzle one where you have to "add the numbers".. some numbers are spelled out, some are written, some are in color some are not. But it's basically like 56, thirty-three, 3, eight, andn 245. If you add them up, it'st not the right answer.. people were calling in with answers like 4, 4994. A long time ago, somebody called in with a negative number, which is ridiculous, funny, and shows how much people were tryign to guess the answer.. They randomly choose calls adn then ask you for the answer.. I told miki that I have never seen one of these puzzles solved, and as soon as that was said somebody got the right answer.!!! We wrote down teh puzzle and the answer and tried to figure it out on the bus to Oxford the next morning. Our only way of solving the puzzle was to slur some of the numbers together and the thirty-three had to be just a three ???

Oxford Reunion Wind Orchestra was good but nothing amazing. I guess it was good considering we read, practiced, performed, and broke up as a group in one day. I had some solos and got two compliments. At lunch, i was involved in some story about this one lady who used to wrap her hands in cabbage. The lady playing tenor sax had her dog with her and was really perky and kept telling me how awful she was at playing. On my otherside sat Amanda, who told me about this one band she was in that was more love connection/romantic than a band. She said "we have the same saxophone" (meanting brand) but i told her technically we dont have the same saxophone but similar saxophones. She didn't that that was funny. One man with rotten teeth and long hair played percussion. We saw him later at the bus terminal getting on a different bus. On break, Miki and I went to this Dungeons and Draggons place where this guy told us all about this English game where you build sets, roll dice, and move figurines around. He held up a dirty old tape measurer. There wasn't much logic to his game. He was the manager. "There are over 125 "Game Galaxy's" in the US. He claims they are in malls. I have never seen one.

Yesterday I met up with Miki and her friend Shawn and Lydia. We saw Science of Sleep for 1/2 price then went to some bar that was worse than horrible where I parted ways. I took the bus to Seven Sisters.

Today we had class with Veronica. She said the class was goign to be very fast paced then spent 1.5 hours showing us fabric samples then 20 minutes on break. Eureka and Kyung and I went to get coffee. He told us a story about how he lost his bus pass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home